- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
- Eleanor and Park
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone
- The 5th Wave
- Paper Towns
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- Uglies (TV show)
- Gone (TV show)
- The Summer I Turned Pretty (TV show)
Got any more?
(Source: littledallilasbookshelf, via thebooker)
Books I Love: Delirium by Lauren Oliver
It makes me so excited and happy that this book is being written from Percy`s point of view.
I mean a book about who the Greek Gods are and what they did being told by Percy freaking Jackson point of view
95% of the book is just going to be Percy talking about how much of a little shit they are.
like image how some of the chapters are going to start “now guess what this bag of dicks did to me when i was 12“
I was sitting on the computer last night trying to be productive and actually write something. My first sentence included the character listening to a voice through an intercom and my first thought was, “What kind of voice is it?”
So, naturally, I found myself googling the different ways to describe a voice. I present to you my findings! I hope you all find it useful.
- adenoidal (adj): if someone’s voice is adenoidal, some of the sound seems to come through their nose
- appealing (adj): an appealing look/voice shows that you want help, approval, or agreement
- breathy (adj): with loud breathing noises
- brittle (adj): if you speak in a brittle voice, you sound as if you are about to cry
- croaky (adj): if someone’s voice sounds croaky, they speak in a low, rough voice that sounds as if they have a sore throat
- dead (adj): if someone’s eyes or voice are dead, they feel or show no emotion
- disembodied (adj): a disembodied voice comes from someone who you cannot see
- flat (adj): spoken in a voice that does not go up and down; this word is often used for describing the speech of people from a particular region
Went book shopping again. I have like a literal problem and it’s getting out of hand.
Can I also say that it’s beyond annoying that both Books a Million and Barnes & Noble never put the series together and always advertize the sequels or third books in series. I couldn’t find Graceling and I’m so upset.
I’ll come back for you i whisper as i caress the books i can’t afford
March Book Photo Challenge: Day Eighteen
↳Makes Me Smile — These are my go to books when I want something to read that makes me smile.
*buys one book*
*reorganizes entire bookcase*